Build Your Family Getaway in Warrenton, VA
Warrenton is the gateway to Virginia’s Piedmont Region—where wineries, horses and beautiful vistas abound. It is the county seat and largest town in Fauquier County and continues to be its center of commerce. Historic Old Town Warrenton is tucked into the heart of town, encircled by the modern conveniences of the town’s commercial corridors. Warrenton is the perfect place to call home as you enjoy all the region has to offer.
Entrenched in history, the town has lovingly preserved its historic character, including a home dating back to the French & Indian War. Old Town Warrenton is a must see for Civil War buffs, where visitors can walk where the “Gray Ghost” John S. Mosby once raided, lived and is now buried. And tour the Old Jail Museum, complete with ever changing exhibits from the Fauquier Historical Society. More Information
Washington D.C. Region – Location/Proximity
Warrenton is a popular destination from the Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD metropolitan areas.
- 1 Hour from Washington, DC, our nation’s capitol
- Surrounded by Virginia wine and horse country
- Minutes away from 2 International Airports
- Minutes to festivals, shops, and events
- Close, within 25 miles of other great Virginia cities
- Minutes from Shenandoah National Park, Skyline Drive, and Luray Caverns
- Nearby Middleburg and Upperville offer some of the most impressive horse farms, like the
Mellon Farm, and quaint villages for shopping and fine dining, including the Salamander Resort